What Is Microsoft Teams and How It Can Help You
Is your team having trouble communicating with each other? Have practices been getting lost in translation when hiring new staff members? Are you having difficulty keeping track of previous conversations that have taken place between co-workers? If you’re experiencing any of these issues, then you’re not alone.
The good news is that there is a solution. Microsoft Teams can help you assuage these problems. By utilizing this revolutionary collaboration app, your team can stay organized by bringing people, content, and business tools together in a single interface.
Understandably, you may be concerned about the monthly cost of Microsoft Teams. However, managed IT services will save you both time and money in the long run. Let’s take a look at some of the other important benefits this service offers.
The Microsoft Teams difference:
- Teams and channels: Create different teams and conversation boards between staff members. You can now make separate channels for each department or project, reducing cross-department sharing.
- Easy collaboration: When hiring new employees, the process is seamless with Microsoft Teams. New staff members can easily access important training documents and be brought up to speed on documents and previous conversations.
- Document storage: This allows for real-time sharing with multiple users at one time. Easily create, edit, and share documents throughout the office, whether your staff is remote or in-house.
- Online video calling and screen sharing: Fast video calling throughout the company and outside is an essential function with every collaboration system. Your team can also benefit from easy technical assistance through screen sharing.
- Online meeting: Schedule, edit, or join an online meeting directly from the app. You can even utilize online meetings for company-wide training.
- Increased productivity: No matter where you are, you can access Microsoft Teams from your computer or mobile device.
- Audio conferencing: This unique feature allows users to join audio calls with ease, directly from their computer or mobile device. The best part is that participants can access important meetings without internet access — they need to dial in.
- Full telephony: Unlike most other collaboration apps, you can completely replace your office telephone system by utilizing Microsoft Teams’ telephony feature. This comes at an additional cost; however, it’s well worth it in our opinion.
Despite all of these benefits, what makes Microsoft Teams stand out is the number of people who can join each call. Whereas most other collaboration apps are limited to 15 participants, Microsoft Teams allows up to 80 people to join each meeting. This function is make-or-break for medium or larger sized corporations.
The truth is, it’s important to stay connected with everything going on in the world right now. This is the primary reason that optimizing business practices has become the number one motivation for many companies worldwide. Microsoft Teams will help bring your office and remote workers, together with ease. If you’re unsure if this service is right for you, then contact our team of professionals to advise you on your business needs. You know your company better than anyone. We know IT.