Is There A Right Way To Switch IT Companies?
In the modern business world, your IT company is an extremely important part of your business.
They need to be going above and beyond to do more than simply fixing broken equipment and installing new hardware – they need to be there when you need them most, and they need to find new ways to enhance efficiency. Above all, they need to look out for your best interests and help you operate more profitably than ever before.
The longer you put up with less than effective IT services, the more it will cost you in downtime and security risks. Once you recognize you need more from tech support, you have to start looking into switching IT companies.
But that doesn’t mean you should rush the process – check out our latest video to learn more:
Are You Worried About Switching IT Companies?
If you don’t manage the process carefully, you can encounter a range of problems:
- Service Gap: If your services with your current IT provider end before the services from your new provider begin, you’ll be left without support for the period of time in between. What will you do when you need help? What happens when a server goes down? What happens when you’re hit with ransomware?
- Missing Information: An outgoing IT company may not be happy about being fired – and in retaliation, they may hold on to admin login info and credentials, just to make the process more difficult to you and your next IT company.
- Unidentified Backdoors: “Backdoor” access to your systems may have been necessary for your previous IT company to do their job, but once you’ve moved on, you don’t want them to still have access, right?
How You Should Be Switching IT Companies
In order to avoid unnecessary downtime, configuration issues, and other problems that can stem from a poorly planned transition, we have our new clients follow these five steps:
- Don’t cancel your service from your current IT provider until you have everything in place with your new IT provider.
- Make sure you have admin access to all accounts, data and applications, along with a master list of passwords and other login info.
- Make sure your new IT company performs a cybersecurity assessment to confirm that no backdoors exist.
- Once your new IT company is in place, you can cancel the service with your previous provider.
- Make sure your staff knows about the change in IT support, and how to make use of the new service.
The bottom line is that you don’t want to rush the process of switching IT companies. Problems will occur if you proceed too quickly, without making sure you have the right information and control over your IT.
With Realized Solutions managing the process, you won’t have to worry about a loss of service, leftover access compromising your systems or any other potential consequences of a mismanaged switch. You can trust that the process is being handled carefully and efficiently.
In a nutshell, we help our customers focus on their core business by leaving their IT needs to us. Although we often implement Technical infrastructure, our most successful engagements are those where we help out customers leverage their Investment in IT. Whether it’s servers, computers, Azure Cloud deployments or custom development, we help maximize your ROI by leveraging technology.