Realized Solutions: IT Company Serving The Needs Of Southington CT Businesses
Do you worry that your Southington IT company is not doing what they’re supposed to?
Most business owners don’t manage their own information technology nowadays. Technology is simply too complex and sophisticated to handle on your own. In the past, you might have relied on a few computers, a printer, and an email program. Now? Those days are long gone. Instead, you need a mix of hardware, software, and other equipment – meaning you’re also working with various vendors. It all becomes too much for most people to manage, so they choose between hiring an internal person/team or outsourcing.
If you’re here, we’re going to assume you’ve chosen to outsource to an IT company. This is the preferred choice for many business owners because they’re able to avoid the hassle of finding and retaining technical talent, alongside the cost:
- Vacation time
- And much more
But what if your IT company isn’t doing everything they’re supposed to? Chances are if you’re worried about this, they’re not communicating effectively with you or providing reports on a regular basis. While that’s not necessarily a good thing, it doesn’t mean they’re not doing their job.
How do you know if they’re doing their job?
A good IT company will typically communicate with you and provide reports on a regular basis. This is part of doing their job. But let’s not assume the worst. It’s very possible that they’re doing everything they’re supposed to but they lack in terms of communication and reporting. Here’s an easy-to-follow checklist of what an IT company SHOULD do.
If you’re not totally confident in your IT company, feel free to bring up each point with them to make sure everything is being handled properly:
- They’re monitoring your entire infrastructure around-the-clock for any sort of issues or abnormalities that may arise, and if left unnoticed, would result in unnecessary and expensive downtime.
- They’re performing preventative maintenance on a regular basis, which means they’re applying the latest patches and updates, keeping a technology roadmap to replace outdated systems, and more.
- They’re backing up your information on a regular basis, including your files, applications, and systems, then testing those backups periodically to make sure they’re recoverable.
- They’re implementing a multi-layered cybersecurity approach that incorporates the right tools, processes, and procedures to keep you safe against cybercrime, including firewalls, anti-virus software, encryption, and more.
- They’re communicating with you on a strategic level in terms of keeping you ahead of the latest technology trends, giving you recommendations based on your goals, and overall, helping you improve efficiencies.
- They’re responding to support requests as quickly as possible and preferably, they have a response time guarantee that they’re adhering to at all times to keep you productive when you need them most.
- They’re training your team members on cybersecurity awareness at least quarterly, if not more often, to make sure they know what threats look like and how to protect themselves, and in turn, your data.
If you’re not confident with your IT company, go through the checklist above with them. If you think they’re not doing one or more of the points listed, have a talk with them and see what’s happening.
Ready to move on? Let’s talk…
- Book a meeting with our team of technology experts
- Find out which services make the most sense for you
- Enjoy a long-term partnership with an IT company you can feel confident in
In a nutshell, we help our customers focus on their core business by leaving their IT needs to us. Although we often implement Technical infrastructure, our most successful engagements are those where we help out customers leverage their Investment in IT. Whether it’s servers, computers, Azure Cloud deployments or custom development, we help maximize your ROI by leveraging technology.