RSI is proud to be a full-service IT consultant company and being a full-service IT company allows the RSI team to work with a client through technology pain points by developing custom software. One of RSI’s clients is a fiscal intermediary (FI) and a main purpose is to help people utilize state funds to pay employees who provide personal care assistance or other similar services. The FI helps people manage paperwork, pay their staff, and other administrative functions that individuals may not be able to handle easily on their own.
The client can utilize several automated processes RSI developed to automate a task scheduling program or better known as “RSI Job Scheduler”. The process is set up as a Windows Service – it can run around the clock and perform various types of tasks. It can run applications via command line, read and run code from class libraries, among other possibilities. It can also synchronize data between SQL Server and third-party databases as a built-in feature.
RSI Job Scheduler is used to fulfill a variety of tasks for our client including:
- Synchronizing third-party ERP data to SQL Server databases for use in client systems
- Synchronizing data to the client’s customer-facing web portal
- Processing faxes and emails received by the client
- Sending, receiving, and processing Electronic Visit Verification data for multiple third-party EVV vendors – in brief, this involves using mobile devices to track work and process payment for employees
- Data transfer to and from various parties working with the client
- Automated reporting processes
What was once manual work requiring direct action from the client or RSI is now streamlined through the automation capabilities of RSI Job Scheduler. Since the implementation, additional manual tasks have been converted to automated jobs. These processes help save time and manual effort and Yellow Team will continue expanding the use of RSI Job Scheduler in the future.
RSI Job Scheduler is a powerful tool that we can use to automate many processes vital to the client’s business. It makes things easier for the RSI team and our client, helping each of us to use our time more effectively in taking care of priority work.